PTA News – 22nd July 2020
This is the final newsletter for this academic year. It has been a vastly different year to previous years but, hopefully, things will be getting back to normal soon. We would like to say a big Thank You to all of those who have organised, helped, donated, baked and attended our events. Despite a lot of our events having to be cancelled, we still raised around £4,500 for this school year (final amount will be confirmed next term) thanks to your generosity.
Pre-loved Uniform School uniform (both branded and non-branded) will be available during the holidays so, if you need more uniform, please contact Gayle to check on availability. She will also be happy to receive donations of uniform. Collection/donation will be at her house. Gayle can be contacted by social media, Classlist, email or on 07780 684575
Ideas for Events
At the present time we do not know which events we can run next term, due to the impact of the Coronavirus. Do you have any ideas for new events? If so we’d love to know about them! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions.
AGM October 2020 – we need YOU!!
We are a small committee and are losing a number of our valued committee members so have a number of vacancies for the coming academic year. We would love to welcome new members from YR parents and carers through to KS1 – everybody is welcome and it is a lovely way to meet and make new friends. We are hoping to have the AGM at the beginning of October, but this is subject to any virus restrictions.
Job descriptions of all the roles to be filled at the AGM are outlined below:
• Chair(s) – To manage/delegate to members of the committee, holding meetings and overseeing events. Ensuring all documents are in order, keeping the committee updated with emails, events, timescales etc. Liaising with the Head / Teachers / Governors.
• Vice- Chair – To help the chair as much as possible with running the PTA
• Treasurer – To manage all the accounts, cheque books, bank account and financial incomings and outgoings of the PTA. Reporting at meetings, ensuring all monies are banked in PTA account.
• Secretary – To take minutes at meetings and distribute to members, keeping the documentation in order, ensuring good communication is obtained throughout the PTA. Keeping the website updated.
• Committee Members – Attend meetings and help decide on events. Assist the chair with events and fundraising activities.
We are happy to chat to new potential PTA members, just drop an email to email@example.com
If you work for an organisation with a match funding programme, we would be really grateful for your support. Last year match funding enabled us to boost our fundraising total by over 20%, so it really does make a difference to the projects we can support for the children.
If you would like any further information on any of the items, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind regards, Beth, Gayle and Claire (PTA Co-chairs)